Thursday, September 8, 2022

Travel with kezang - September 08, 2022 

 Travel books: I love reading them. They keep me inspired and educated and help me pass the time on long flights, bus rides, and train rides. Actually, I just love reading. When I was a child, I was an avid reader but that fell to the wayside as the years rolled on. However, last year, I started a book club in an effort to keep me on track and force me to read more. 

Now, I average a book a week (sometimes two if they are short). i have read two books in the month of September which is breath taking away. So how can i forget to share my favorite books! :) So here it goes...….. I want to share some more of the great stuff I’ve read this year to my blog..  

1. A Year of Living Danishly, by Helen Russell 



This was probably my favorite book of the year. When her husband gets a job at the Lego offices in Jutland, Helen Russell decides to head to Denmark with him, freelance write, and try to figure out why the Danes are so happy. From childcare, education, food, and interior design to taxes, sexism, and everything in between (turns out the Danes love to burn witches), Helen’s funny, poignant story kept me enthralled from start to finish. It’s informative, hilarious, self-deprecating, and tells a great story of someone trying to fit in. 



 MY FAVOURITE BOOK OF THE YEAR .

 2. Eat Pray Eat, by Michael Booth I stumbled across this book in Thailand. 



In this book, Michael and his family travel to India — in part because he decided to write a definitive book on Indian food and, in part because his wife said it was about time they take a family trip and he reconnect with his kids. Along the way, the jaded and bitter Michael loses his cynicism and discovers that it’s never to late to change. I read this at a time I needed encouragement and inspiration, and I found Michael’s transformation a mirror for my own personal struggles. It's a major accomplishment to be able to read and comprehend a novel written in a different language. The instant you finish the last page, put the book away, and take stock of the experience, you'll feel successful. Once you start reading these novels, you won't be able to put them down, so you could find yourself at the last page sooner
 than you anticipated. 

 KEZANG CHODEN :)
 
 ADIOS :) ENJOY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                  Would be? πŸ˜• πŸ’œ Hola! me llamo kezang choden πŸ‘Ύ Hey there! It’s been a while, but I’m bac...